What Information is Collected?
Information Collected Directly from You
We may collect personal information about you in connection with your use of our System. For example, this information may be provided when you sign up for a mailing list, fill out a “Contact Us” form, submit company information to register in our directory of subcontractors, apply for a job with Blattner through our online form, or register for an event.
The information we may collect includes, but may not be limited to:
- Email address, phone number, mailing address, and other contact information;
- Detailed company information for subcontractor directory registration;
- Social media username;
- Personal information provided to facilitate an employment application;
- Business affiliations; and
- Other information related to your requests or inquiries.
- Hashed email addresses for remarketing purposes
We may use this information to improve your experience with our website, track your anonymous activity between devices (mobile, desktop, tablet), or market to you based on this activity via the NextRoll/AdRoll ad networks.
We also uses "cookies" to anonymously track online activity so we may more effectively market to you. To opt-out of cookie tracking, please click here.
Here’s how you can control how we use your data:
- Web browser: You can opt-out of receiving interest-based ads served by us or on our behalf by clicking on the blue icon that typically appears in the corner of the ads we serve and following the instructions provided or by clicking here.
- Please note that this “opt-out” function is browser-specific and relies on an “opt-out cookie”. This means if you delete your cookies or upgrade your browser after having opted out, you will need to opt-out again.
- Cross Device Opt- Out: In some cases, we may link multiple browsers or devices to you. If you opt-out on a browser or device and we have additional devices or browsers linked to you, we will extend your opt-out decision to any other linked browsers and devices. Since we only link users across browsers and devices in certain conditions, there may be cases where you are still being tracked in a different browser or device we have not linked, and where we are treating you as a different user.
- Mobile Device Opt-Out: To opt-out of receiving interest-based ads that are based on your behavior across different mobile applications, please follow instructions for iOS and Android devices:
- iOS 7 or Higher: Go to your Settings > Select Privacy > Select Advertising > Enable the “Limit Ad Tracking” setting; and
- For Android devices with OS 2.2 or higher and Google Play Services version 4.0 or higher: Open your Google Settings app > Select Ads > Enable “Opt out of interest-based advertising”.
Information Collected Automatically
Some of the personal information we collect from you may happen automatically. We use tracking technologies such as cookies, log files, and pixel tags to automatically collect information when users visit our System.
Information we collect includes but may not be limited to:
- IP address to measure our website traffic and to help provide a more personalized experience;
- Information regarding your browser, internet service provider, and other technical specifications required to use our System;
- Your transaction history relating to the use of our services;
- Computer data or files, often called “cookies,” which may be sent by your web browser and stored on an individual computer to allow our server to “recognize” you through the navigation of the Site; and
- Computer data files, often called “web beacons” that are collected from emails or links on third-party sites that allow our server to evaluate the popularity of those links or the information contained in emails or on third-party sites.
For more information, see the “Cookies and Similar Technologies” section below.
Collecting Information from Children Under the Age of 13
Our System is not designed for children, and we do not knowingly collect information from any person under the age of 13.
How Is the Information We Collect Used?
We collect information about you in order to provide you with services, and also to help ensure that the System works properly. We use personal information for a variety of purposes related to our business, including but not limited to:
- Providing services and support
Performing the essential functions of the System including responding to inquiries, fulfilling requests, processing payments, providing support and troubleshooting, and communicating with users about their use of the System or regarding a user initiated inquiry on the System.
- Communicating with users about services
Sending or initiating direct marketing programs, such as newsletters or information about new products or services we are offering.
Assessing job applicants, making employment decisions, and communicating with applicants regarding the status of their applications.
- Personalizing user experiences on our System
Tailoring content on the System based on user location, preferences, and other personalization factors.
- Analytics and System improvement
Tracking information about your visits to our Site or use of the System to allow us to provide better service; using certain online preferences in the aggregate across all users to evaluate the System and develop additional products and services to offer.
- Compliance with legal obligations
Sharing information to comply with the law or a legal proceeding, such as in response to a subpoena or court order.
Disclosure of Information
We will not share your information with third parties to directly market their products to you. We may provide user information to third-party service providers or vendors for purposes including but not limited to:
- Initiating direct marketing and recruiting programs on our behalf;
- Data tracking;
- Processing employment applications;
- Maintenance or development of our System or social media accounts;
- Development of online products, services, or customer service, or new product development; and
- Other contracted promotional opportunities provided to our users.
We may also share this information with any subsidiaries, licensees, suppliers, distributors, affiliates, assigns, successors, or other related entities and their respective owners. We may also share your personal information in connection with law enforcement requests or in response to investigations, subpoenas, court orders, or other legal processes to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims, or as otherwise required by law.
We may also disclose your information to a third party as part of reorganization or prospective sale of substantially all the assets or equity interest of Blattner, or its subsidiaries or divisions. Any third party to which Blattner transfers or sells the System or related assets or equity interests will have the right to continue to use the personal and other information that you provide to us.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
Cookies are small data files that help us keep track of your usage of the System. Many of the cookies we use enable the System to function as you would expect it to. Cookies enable the System to remember things like user preferences and other personalized settings. Cookies also enable us to track and analyze user behavior in order to improve our System. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but you can choose to accept or decline certain types of cookies if you prefer. However, declining cookies may impact the functionality of the System and in some cases you may not be able to access the functions of the System. We use the following categories of cookies on the System:
- Session cookies
Session cookies are stored on the user’s hard drive temporarily and are deleted when the user ends the browsing session.
- Persistent cookies
Persistent cookies stay on the user’s hard drive until they expire, even after the browser is closed.
- Third-party cookies
Third party cookies are not installed directly by our System, but by third parties such as advertisers. Third party cookies are used to track advertising preferences from site to site, and to gather data about users’ browsing habits in order to improve the user experience.
Clear GIFs (also called pixel tags or web beacons) are small files embedded in websites that tell us what content a user accesses and how users navigate the System. Clear GIFs enable us to track and analyze user behavior on the System in order to make it more intuitive and user friendly.
Third Party Websites and Links
We may also use third-party vendors, such as Google Analytics, to advertise to our users online. These third-party vendors may display Blattner advertisements on other websites based on your internet usage. More specifically, these vendors use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytic cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to inform, optimize, and serve ads based on your past visits to the Sites or another site affiliated with Blattner. You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising by using Google’s Ads Settings.
How is User Information Protected?
We maintain administrative, physical, and technical safeguards for all user information collected in our System.
While we work hard to use and disclose our users’ personal information only for the purposes identified above, you can choose not to provide personal information or limit the personal information obtained by us as follows:
- You may have your contact information removed from our marketing lists to inform users of new or relevant products, services, and special offers by clicking on the unsubscribe link in any communication received from us, or by emailing us at email@example.com;
- You may limit the collection of “cookies” through your browser settings. However, this may disable our ability to provide you with the most relevant information regarding the System; and
- You may limit the ability of Google Analytics to track your online activity, as outlined in the “Behavioral Advertising” section.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, information about categories of personal information (if any) we have disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we have shared personal information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to us using the contact information provided below.
If you are a California resident, you may have certain rights under applicable data protection laws. These may include:
Right to Access
You may have a right to be informed about what personal data we collect from you and how it is used, as well as our purposes for processing your personal data, and the categories of third parties to whom we have shared it over the past 12 months.
Right to Request Deletion
You may have the right to request that we delete personal information that we have collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions.
You may send us a verifiable request at firstname.lastname@example.org regarding the above rights. Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. The verifiable consumer request must: 1) provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative; and 2) describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
We endeavour to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time, we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
California Residents can click here to learn more about your rights in regards to your information we use to anonymously market to you.
Do Not Track Signals
“Do Not Track” signals are options available on your browser to tell operators of websites that you do not wish to have your online activity tracked. The System does not however respond to Do Not Track signals. Our websites operate no differently if these “Do Not Track” signals are enabled or disabled.
392 County Road 50
Avon, MN 56310
The Blattner Family of Companies includes Blattner Company and its several subsidiaries. Including, but not limited to, Blattner Energy and D.H. Blattner & Sons. In order to make this website more user friendly, the material in this website does not always identify the entity that has or is currently undertaking the various business activities described by this website. The precise meaning depends on the context. For more information regarding this matter, please contact the company.